- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
COVID-19 Webinar #3: Challenges to the built environment
16. Oktober 2020 / 13:00 – 15:00
A webinar of the European Health Property Network hosted by Ramboll, walkerproject and White arkitekter.
16 October 2020, 13:00 – 15:00 CET
Challenges to the built environment
As the Covid-19 pandemic has unfolded across the world, healthcare systems have been required to make radical adjustments to their operating procedures, their models of care and their hospital capacity in many areas, including intensive, respiratory and critical care.
An international working group consisting of the European Health Property Network, walkerproject, White Architects and Ramboll has worked on deriving strategies for resilient healthcare systems based on 30+ case studies. In the first webinar, held on May 29th 2020, different strategies for rapid adaptation were examined, with the ambition to provoke further exchange and discussion.
This resulted in proposals for three additional webinars. In addition to these, the working group will publish a field guide on how to bolster resilience by preparing staff, systems, space and supply chains for the challenges of a pandemic situation. The associated data and analysis will be shared on a dedicated website, alongside a broad range of case studies. This will be an important future resource for health policy professionals, senior healthcare leaders and infrastructure experts.
On October 16th, we invite you to join the Webinar #3, which will focus on the resilience of the built environment in major hospitals. Confirmed presentations are:
- MASS DESIGN GROUP – Learning from a Frontline Hospital, The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, USA
- ARKITEMA – Experiences from Scandinavian hospitals and how this is implemented in future projects, Denmark
- CHILE15ARQUITECTOS – The building as a tool facing the pandemic, The Emergency Hospital of Madrid, Spain
Discussions will be triggered by the following questions:
- How was the built environment challenged during the pandemic?
- How were the clinical and non-clinical spaces, plus associated logistic and technical solutions, relocated, repurposed or reorganized?
- What were the keys to success, and the barriers?
- What are the lessons for the future?
Don’t forget to save the date for webinar #4:
- Resilience in healthcare – a system perspective: November 27th, 13:00-15:00 CET
Finally, if you have a case study you would like to present, either in a webinar forum or for inclusion on our project website, please contact: